Media DirectorOur Media Director software package is simple and user-friendly - facilitating easy production and manipulation of high resolution fulldome media. From initial image capture through to playback and distribution, Media Director can produce comprehensive and impressive shows easily and quickly - accepting a wide range of content and media formats including movies, static imagery, audio, text titling and live video all within a user-friendly 3D environment.
The user interface is a timeline based GUI, similar to those used in video editing - video clips and sequences are simply dragged onto the timeline and placed at the desired position. Multiple tracks allow content ‘z’ order layering to allow unique combinations of content including imagery, video and audio. The user interface allows fast scrubbing through the timeline, as well as the usual pause/stop/play-from-here functions.
With Media Director, movie frames are stored in their proprietary file formats. Unlike other formats that use image compression techniques, such as MPEG, the file format can be made to be lossless – meaning that the program user can display all the information the creator of the content intended.
The system can take any electronic media (whether created for fulldome application or not) and convert it into a playable format. The easy-to-use (point and click) GUI (Graphical User Interface)allows the creator to drag and drop the media into any position on the dome. Regardless of the original resolution, the Media Server Player Software will map the material to the resolution available on the dome, depending on the desired location.
- Fulldome show creation and editing software that permits fast, high resolution content generation from virtually any source
- Content management, content production and playback environment for the very best high resolution uncompressed digital media
- Its familiar timeline interface is user-friendly and intuitive, supporting multiple layers to composite multiple media types onto one coherent canvas
- Fast timeline scrubbing, allowing rapid editing and easy visualization of a finished show
- Multiple media types, including audio, can be positioned anywhere within the 3D environment and transparent layers are preserved
- Fulldome masters (i.e. Targa's, PNG's, Bitmaps etc) can be quickly sliced into the appropriate frustums ready for playback
- The output movie resolution is chosen to match the projector's native resolution
Contact us for more information.